Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Matrix... errr... GoDaddy reloads again... + DX_Auth issue (?)

[eluser]DimCI[/eluser]
I'm going crazy, insane, etc... today with this gdaddy, really... lol

The site i'm speaking about works on my local Apache perfectly.. But after I transferred it to GD, i can see 404 only (all necessary changes - system and application folders names and paths, db config, etc. - all these have been changed properly - not the 1-st my ci-based web site in the end...)

This was a prelude... Reading and trying the info I found here about GD problems - no success. The only changes i can see when some recommended .htaccess changes've been applied (index.php?, for example)- I see the following :

"Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /home/content/[....a few folders here...]/html/site/libraries/DX_Auth.php on line 803"

I have in DX_Auth.php an innocent function, which I did not alter at all :

function is_max_login_attempts_exceeded()
{
$this->ci->load->model('dx_auth/login_attempts', 'login_attempts');
return ($this->ci->login_attempts->check_attempts($this->ci->input->ip_address())->num_rows() >= $this->ci->config->item('DX_max_login_attempts'));
}

(return line is the line #803 btw...)

I uploaded a few DX_Auth files to GD from other sites i support... no changes and the same parse error message.

These CI and DX_Auth files work perfectly on another server in Ukraine... But I can not redirect the site owner from GD to this one...

What are u thinking about, Gdaddy???

HELP!! (LOL and tears... sorry, guys)

[eluser]DimCI[/eluser]
Seems dx_auth simply does not like php4... And this 's the core of my problem..

[eluser]DimCI[/eluser]
The problem solved.

If you ever bump into the same situation (CI + DX_Auth + GoDAddy hosting) or you just need php5 on GD, go here:

http://www.dpinyc.com/literature/resourc...y-hosting/

and copy-paste the code into your .htaccess.. it works... Now I've been using php5 on GDWink

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB