Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Flash data, Redirect and a Blank Screen

[eluser]Clooner[/eluser]
I never had to use flash data before but now I need to save some post data after a redirect. However when I set the flash data using $this->session->set_flashdata($key,$value) I get a blank screen on the page I get redirected to.

How is this possible or am I using the flash data wrong?

This is how I save the data and do a redirect to a different function in the controller
Code:
if ($this->input->post('price'))
    $this->session->set_flashdata('price', $this->input->post('price'));
if ($this->input->post('relation'))
    $this->session->set_flashdata('relation', $this->input->post('relation'));
if ($this->input->post('category'))
    $this->session->set_flashdata('category', $this->input->post('category'));
redirect('import/step2/'.$data['file_name']);

At this stage I do not even try to access the flash data on the page I get redirected to. When I remove the set_flasdata calls everything gets displayed just fine

[eluser]alboyd[/eluser]
That seems very strange - is it possible more than one of those could evaluate to true? I can't think why - but perhaps it doesn't like to have flashdata set more than once before a redirect?

[eluser]steelaz[/eluser]
Anything in the error logs?

[eluser]Clooner[/eluser]
[quote author="steelaz" date="1251049977"]Anything in the error logs?[/quote]

I checked the error logs and the weird thing is that whenever I try to use the flash data I get the following error. Which has to do with memory management.

Code:
[23-Aug-2009 15:00:44] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 676864 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

When I check the profiler the memory usage without the flashdata is 4 meg. I only try to save one float value and two int values how would it be possible for the flashdata to consume that much memory

[eluser]Clooner[/eluser]
I set the memory usage higher by using
Code:
ini_set("memory_limit","32M");
and this fixes the problem

but flashdata shouldn't be using that much memory right?

[eluser]alboyd[/eluser]
Use the database for sessions imo. It saves heaps of heartache and gives you so much more room to store data in your sessions.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB