Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Why should i not be using symfony, but CodeIgniter?

[eluser]lajkonik86[/eluser]
Since the past week i've been studying the symfony framework. The power of the framework is amazing, but the small community is worrying me a bit.

Should i be using a different framework, and if yes, which one and why?

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
.NET

Why? Because you had to ask.

Why not get started with both and continue down the path that feels more comfortable to you. I didn't like Symfony because of YAML, command-line use, etc. CodeIgniter is for lazy asses like myself who don't want to mess around at the command line and who don't want to upgrade their cheap shared-hosting accounts.

[eluser]esra[/eluser]
You need to be a bit more specific and identify how you plan to use the framework, including the complexity of the application. CI runs under PHP5 but is not a PHP5 framework. This maybe a point of consideration if you need the advanced OOP support in PHP5.

I liked how they support even the most advanced features, not only good for current project development, but also nice for improving my general php skills.

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
[quote author="esra" date="1185066448"]CI runs under PHP5 but is not a PHP5 framework. This maybe a point of consideration if you need the advanced OOP support in PHP5.[/quote]

Thats the beauty of its simplicity. If you need to use it with PHP5 and want your models and code to be OOP, then... do it. You can use PHP5 code in there if you wish and it will work fine.

[eluser]Imkow@CN[/eluser]
One is enough. One who learnt in one does not need the second. One who learnt in one can easily learn the second. Therefore, the learnt one has no question on whether to start with the second. One needing for two usually mean one is not good at even one. so one's job remains on getting at least one learnt.

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
[quote author="Imkow@CN" date="1185140509"]One is enough. One who learnt in one does not need the second. One who learnt in one can easily learn the second. Therefore, the learnt one has no question on whether to start with the second. One needing for two usually mean one is not good at even one. so one's job remains on getting at least one learnt.[/quote]

It's not a good idea to post on forums after honking on your crack pipe... Smile

[eluser]esra[/eluser]
[quote author="Imkow@CN" date="1185140509"]One is enough. One who learnt in one does not need the second. One who learnt in one can easily learn the second. Therefore, the learnt one has no question on whether to start with the second. One needing for two usually mean one is not good at even one. so one's job remains on getting at least one learnt.[/quote]

Better English translation for my Chinese friend...

Learn one framework to the best of your ability, then relate what you know to any other framework you want to learn. The same goes for learning other languages and just about anything else in life.

whow guys thats just so deep

[eluser]Imkow@CN[/eluser]
I was about to brain-kill somebody who reading it.... Confusednake:

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB