Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Strange characters in FCKeditor

[eluser]Piter[/eluser]
Hi,

I have a problem, installed in Himself FCKeditor 1.7.1 and the CI for the edition I have strange characters:
http://szok.iserwer.pl/fckeditor.jpg

Encoding time: UF-8 character encoding UTF-8 in the same database. What could be wrong?

[eluser]stef25[/eluser]
is that an html table? when you view source, is there anything there? sometimes when i copy paste some text from photoshop or weird text document into fckeditor i get characters like this but there is nothing to be seen. in that case its some kind of "blank" character you can get rid of by using the delete button. nothing to do with the database.

if there is a character then it is a character encoding issue. post a reply with what character you see and then we can solve it Smile

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi,

I have a problem with fckeditor on my website.
I thought it was a problem with the older version of fckeditor so i upgraded to the newer version of fckeditor 2.6.6 but the problem still persists.
Unfortunately FCKEditor seem to create strange symbols when you
Copy and paste from a Word -> Save it -> Edit it.

Please find attached a .doc showing the step-by-step screenshots of the problem.

This has become a major problem for my website.
I am quite new to php framework and this is my first website. Please help!!

[eluser]stef25[/eluser]
Is there a "paste from Word" button in FCKEditor? You should use that. If you copy paste normally then seeing those characters is to be expected. Has nothing to do with CodeIgniter.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB