Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
MY_Controller constructor not run for route in IE

[eluser]MindFeed[/eluser]
That's something interesting. Hey mshaw087, in constructor to all of your other controllers which parent constructor are you referring to ? is it parent::Controller() ? or parent::MY_Controller() ?

Thanks,
Bhargav Khatana

[eluser]mshaw087[/eluser]
Hi Bhargav,

In the other controllers (the one that require authentication to view), I am referring to parent::MY_Controller(). I think i'm leading to the conclusion this is a result of some kind of caching issue in IE 7 (i'm assuming IE 6 would probably have the same issue). Given that, i'm not sure if there's much I can do at this point.

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
[quote author="mshaw087" date="1251489007"]
Through more investigation, I have noticed that this issue is only happening with whatever page I redirect to after authenticating the user in the login controller.
[/quote]

The word page is ambiguous.

In the code you posted, you 'redirected' from your logout controller by loading the login view - which isn't really a redirection as most of us might think of it.

Have you considered genuinely redirecting to the login controller here?

Hey Jedd,

I actually have it redirecting to the login page now and the issue at hand was still happening so unfortunately I ruled out that solution, although I do think it is better than simply loading the view so thanks for that.
Sorry, about being ambiguous. All I meant is that whatever the login controller was redirecting to after the user had been authenticated was exactly what they were able to access unauthenticated after logging out.

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
Ahh, cool bananas. In any case, I'm right out of ideas now - it certainly is a curious thing, and like you my finger would be pointing at something out of spec, or at least out of expectations, that IE is doing 'to help'. It'd be good if you could post a solution - if you ever find one - back to the thread.

Well, one solution I came up is to explicitly set no caching in the headers, although I haven't found a better solution at the moment:

Code:
header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate");
header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0", false);
header("Pragma: no-cache");

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB