Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Migrating from VIM to Zend Studio

[eluser]urrus[/eluser]
Hi

I've started to use the Zend Sutdio instead of VIM. And one of the reasons why it is the "autodetection" and helping tips while coding. It must helps a lot when write a long OOP sentences (like $this->Obj1->obj2->ojb3->method());

But I met a problem: The Zend Studio cannot "autocomplition" and tips when I work with helpers and models, cuz the name of this Objects (and objects themslefs) creates at the runtime. And I need to type every thing my self without autocompition.

Here is an example:
Code:
class Users extends Controller{
function Users(){
paretn::Controler();
//Here we create the model object at the runtime
$this->load->model("TheModel");
}
function index(){
//ZEnd studio cannot give me a tip here
$ans=$this->TheModel->...
}
}

Zend studio is the huge system where are everything that developer need. I hope there is the solution for this problem, and I simply do not know it.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
As Zend studio is built on eclipse, you could give this a go.

It's not ideal, as it only works for the ones you specify, so most likely just the CI libraries, although it should work if you add all your models and stuff too

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
You could also try Netbeans: http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/94145/

[eluser]urrus[/eluser]
Thanks for answers.

The choosing of IDE becoming a real head ache there are to many very good systems Aptana, Zend, PDP, netBeans. All of them called best ones by users, and all of them too uncomfortable when you spend year in VIM style.

Yesturday I've download ZEnd studio. And it looks like to better start getting acustomed to standart editors in this system. Because I can kill a week if will be test all systems.

*But now I'm thinking maybe it's better to use Aptana cuz it have jQuery support.

Uhhh...

[eluser]clod[/eluser]
i suggest to try free PHP IDE Codelobster PHP Edition
with special CodeIgniter plug-in.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB