Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Making a nice <title>

[eluser]überfuzz[/eluser]
I really don't know where to post this issue. It's not exactly a code issue.

Lets say I have www.site.com and theres a menu with sub-paths. How do I display the title in the best way. Is there a standard way to do <title>???</title>s?

At the moment I construct my title like this, example:
url: www.site.com/home/news
title: <title>news - home :: SITE</title>

Comments on that?

[eluser]jayrulez[/eluser]
[quote author="überfuzz" date="1251634987"]I really don't know where to post this issue. It's not exactly a code issue.

Lets say I have www.site.com and theres a menu with sub-paths. How do I display the title in the best way. Is there a standard way to do <title>???</title>s?

At the moment I construct my title like this, example:
url: www.site.com/home/news
title: <title>news - home :: SITE</title>

Comments on that?[/quote]

I think how you format the title is up to your personal preference. I almost always do this {sitename | page title}...

Well your probably right. Theres much about appropriate titles on the net, nothing arbitrary.

Let me put it this way instead. Is there search engine friendly titles?

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
Titles that are optimized for search engines will always begin with relevant content instead of site names. And they should be as descriptive as possible without being incredibly long and/or crammed with keywords.

[eluser]garymardell[/eluser]
You also have to factor in people bookmarking your site, if someone bookmarks it the first title of the bookmark is the site page title.

[eluser]Johan André[/eluser]
I (almost) always use:

Current pagetitle | Site title

Makes more sense when bookmarked... Smile

I think I'm gonna go for this.

page - SITE : Company Tagline

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
I'd keep your tag line off content pages, especially if the page's title is fairly long. Most people will already know the general purpose of your website. The tag line is really most effective on the homepage only.

[quote author="Aken" date="1251798900"]I'd keep your tag line off content pages, especially if the page's title is fairly long. Most people will already know the general purpose of your website. The tag line is really most effective on the homepage only.[/quote]
Yeah, but I like to get the tag-line in bookmarks.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB