Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Sharing liibraries with multiple applications

[eluser]Lord_Jago[/eluser]
Hi,
I am using multiple applications with Code Igniter (with this method).

My CI directory looks like this one :
Code:
# application1
* index.php
* config
* [...]
* views

# application2
* index.php
* config
* [...]
* views

# system
# user_guide

I am looking for a way to share a library between all my applications of Code Igniter.
Is it possible ?

[eluser]gunter[/eluser]
why don´t you put your library into the system/libraries folder....
then it´s available for all applications

[eluser]Lord_Jago[/eluser]
I didn't know if it was a good way or not...

[eluser]Glen Swinfield[/eluser]
It's fine as long as you remember when upgrading that there's some of your code in there.

[eluser]sophistry[/eluser]
A CI developer named JAAulde created modLoader to fix this problem in a global way. His modified CI code base (based on 1.5.3) allowed you to have a globally shared resource directory that ALL CI installs could share. This is one step beyond the normal "make shared resources work with two standard CI applications."

I was using (am using) the modLoader codebase to support multiple applications that are hosted under different virtual domains.

However, as you'll see at the end of the thread development on this IMPORTANT library has ceased in CI because of some harsh words that were thrown back and forth during the BlueFlame/Kohana fork back in May/June 2007. I believe that JAAulde (as well as several other productive developers) were aggravated with the slow pace of CI development and decided to stop supporting CI in favor of their own fork.

So, if you want a complete implementation and future support, you'll need to check out Kohana.

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Damn, i missed on on e-Drama and posting wars? Lemme see where are they?!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB