Hey CI Forum! Free Day Calendar.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I have been looking at CI for a bit now and well think I have a project that I would like to try to knock out this winter.

In basic this is a pretty simple project but I am looking to give my self some time as I will like to use a few new technologies on this. Thinking of doing some cool little AJAX things and possible using CI.

Down the road I am thinking about doing an iPhone App for this also. Don't really know much about developing for the iPhone but if some one has an idea of what I should plan for that would be great.

Now to talk about the project.

I am basically just looking to set up a calendar w/
Quote: * Admin Panel
* Submission Form
* RSVP
* Reminder/Notification System
* User Email List
* Possible Ad Management
* Maybe a Auto-twitter Posting function

Pretty simple. The idea of the site is to have it be a national free day calendar.
Listing things like IHOPs free pancake day, 7/11's Free slurpee day.

In the end have a polished Calendar with a possible iPhone App.

Do you think this is something that is better handed with like Python? or can CI handle this?

[eluser]renownedmedia[/eluser]
I think ci would do it just fine and be easier to develop with, but I must admit I've never done web development using python and I don't know how compatible it is on most servers...

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
[quote author="Thomas Hunter" date="1251860529"]I think ci would do it just fine and be easier to develop with, but I must admit I've never done web development using python and I don't know how compatible it is on most servers...[/quote]

Well Python is nice. But not one of my fastest languages to develop in.

How much work have you done in CI? I have not spent much time learning it but think I will try to use it on some of the my other Projects.

Have you come across some things that you chose another framework or just went with straight PHP?

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Theme © 2014 iAndrew