Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Hey CI Forum! Free Day Calendar.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I have been looking at CI for a bit now and well think I have a project that I would like to try to knock out this winter.

In basic this is a pretty simple project but I am looking to give my self some time as I will like to use a few new technologies on this. Thinking of doing some cool little AJAX things and possible using CI.

Down the road I am thinking about doing an iPhone App for this also. Don't really know much about developing for the iPhone but if some one has an idea of what I should plan for that would be great.

Now to talk about the project.

I am basically just looking to set up a calendar w/
Quote: * Admin Panel
* Submission Form
* RSVP
* Reminder/Notification System
* User Email List
* Possible Ad Management
* Maybe a Auto-twitter Posting function

Pretty simple. The idea of the site is to have it be a national free day calendar.
Listing things like IHOPs free pancake day, 7/11's Free slurpee day.

In the end have a polished Calendar with a possible iPhone App.

Do you think this is something that is better handed with like Python? or can CI handle this?

[eluser]renownedmedia[/eluser]
I think ci would do it just fine and be easier to develop with, but I must admit I've never done web development using python and I don't know how compatible it is on most servers...

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
[quote author="Thomas Hunter" date="1251860529"]I think ci would do it just fine and be easier to develop with, but I must admit I've never done web development using python and I don't know how compatible it is on most servers...[/quote]

Well Python is nice. But not one of my fastest languages to develop in.

How much work have you done in CI? I have not spent much time learning it but think I will try to use it on some of the my other Projects.

Have you come across some things that you chose another framework or just went with straight PHP?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB