Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
SEO library suggestions

[eluser]devbro[/eluser]
Hello everyone

I am thinking of creating a special library just for SEO purposes. So far I can think of two things that will be covered:
1. page title
2. meta tags

can you think of anything else? If so please post it here Smile

thanks in advance

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
I don't think you can really create a library for this sort of thing.

1) SEO is all front-end related. It only incorporates HTML, CSS, Javascript, etc. The only things in PHP that might help are helpers to generate things like titles and meta tags.

2) SEO goes far beyond those two things. It involves HTML semantics, the content itself, keyword placement and emphasis, anchor titles, image alternate text, etc etc. Not sure how back-end would really help that stuff.

By all means, if you have an idea on how a library may help people, go for it. I'd love to see it. Just don't see how it would be done myself.

[eluser]devbro[/eluser]
I know that as programmers people tend to ignore SEO while developing. If there was a library of some sort that could help automate part of it then it would be much more helpful.

[eluser]Jay Logan[/eluser]
I already have a custom library that helps with a lot of my SEO needs. It does stuff like PR checking, Google SERP ranking, sitemap generation, Google data feed for business listings, Google inbound link counting, and some marketing tools like semi-automatic CraigsList ad management, Twitter posting, and Facebook posting. I just recently posted a function for Google SERP ranking check. http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/12...15/#632492

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB