Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Vunsy, the websites kernel ( Beta phase )

[eluser]Blaze Boy[/eluser]
i have added some new features like ajax editing, ajax ability to the applications,
and i'm on a newtheme for dojo , i think we all need a theme like the EXTjs theme a perfect pixel one

Vunsy now have more content and filters:
1- RSS feed reader
2- Twitter status reader
3- lines to unordered list filter (nl2ul)
4- newline 2 break line filter (nl2br)
5- strip tags filter
6- now section line and RSS reader suitable for lines filters ( nl2br, nl2ul )
7- ajax editing
8- flash content with all options
9- document sittings + fav icon

give it a try and Tell me what vunsy needs and i'll make it.... just dream

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello, I'm new to vunsy and just try it at my localhost. I think you should remake your view files that are using PHP <?= tag to print something like you did in login page.

Sometimes, php short tag is disallowed in several webhosting Wink

Btw, i'm using the newest XAMPP ( 1.7.2 ), and found out when i logged in to root, and clicking "My Computer", this texts are printed
Quote:Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\XAMPP\htdocs\kfm\includes\pear\MDB2.php on line 390

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\XAMPP\htdocs\kfm\includes\pear\MDB2.php on line 1885

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\XAMPP\htdocs\kfm\includes\pear\MDB2.php on line 2572

[quote author="Felix J" date="1253440943"]Hello, I'm new to vunsy and just try it at my localhost. I think you should remake your view files that are using PHP <?= tag to print something like you did in login page.

Sometimes, php short tag is disallowed in several webhosting Wink

Btw, i'm using the newest XAMPP ( 1.7.2 ), and found out when i logged in to root, and clicking "My Computer", this texts are printed
Quote:Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\XAMPP\htdocs\kfm\includes\pear\MDB2.php on line 390

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\XAMPP\htdocs\kfm\includes\pear\MDB2.php on line 1885

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\XAMPP\htdocs\kfm\includes\pear\MDB2.php on line 2572
[/quote]

yes, i think KFM is using old PHP functions and these function will be removed so... i'll try to modify KFM or make another browser application (native vunsy),
as now i'll modify it to close the error reporting
thanks flix for you feedback i really appreciate

We need testers for vunsy
i want the tester to do that:
1- test vunsy add, edit, delete for every content in every configuration combination
2- test vunsy applications users, package manager, sections manager...etc
3- test vunsy libraries GUI, application making and it's API
4- test models ... add, edit, delete, models manually with content
5- dream of what vunsy need to have (content, applications, filters...etc) and tell me what you want

any Issues can be submitted on Github repository
http://github.com/blazeeboy/vunsy/issues

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Why on earth are you encouraging users to put their root login details into the vunsy_config.php file?

1.) They wont know it if on shared hosting.
2.) REALLY f**king insecure
3.) What would need to do that?

Using proper permissions this should be unnecessary.

[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1253563379"]Why on earth are you encouraging users to put their root login details into the vunsy_config.php file?

1.) They wont know it if on shared hosting.
2.) REALLY f**king insecure
3.) What would need to do that?

Using proper permissions this should be unnecessary.[/quote]

Can you please suggest the alternative ?

What sort of functionality requires this?

i can't understand you ?
you request that root user name and root password doesn't saved in config file ? right?
so what do you mean by "What sort of functionality requires this? "
i really can't understand you ?

-----------------------
the idea of vunsy is to design your site online... so you have to get permisions of editing
what if you are the first and you need all permissions ? then ROOT account is the solution like UNIX like systems
-----------------------

i can see that the rejection point is that the password is in a file right ? do you think that putting it on a database is better ?
please take some of your time and explain your point of view >>>

thanks
Emad,

Why would you need the root username and password to be stored anywhere, you dont need to use them at all.

By configuring the file/folder permissions and ownership you can create, edit and delete files using the php/apache user which is considerably more secure than running under the root.

Seriously, I do not know any other systems that require root details unless they are doing some very advanced things. I don't believe your system is doing anything that justifies such a security risk.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB