Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Forums Built on CI

[eluser]CodyPChristian[/eluser]
Hey fellow CI developers, I had an idea of making my own forum software like this one using CI, but I'm not totally sure of the best way to go about doing this and the best way to structure the database for it. Anyone have any other ideas or comments in doing so? Even examples would be great.

[eluser]James Spibey[/eluser]
I need to do the same. I wonder if EllisLab might consider releasing the source for these forums under GPL or similar?

[eluser]stevepaperjam[/eluser]
[quote author="spib" date="1185451904"]I need to do the same. I wonder if EllisLab might consider releasing the source for these forums under GPL or similar?[/quote]

Can't see them doing that: the forums here are part of their commercial Expression Engine package.

[eluser]abmcr[/eluser]
I have the same interest..... it is possible to use phpBB forum? but i have not understand how... :-(

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
How much is your time worth? We already have one here!

http://socialgamer.co.uk/forums/

[eluser]abmcr[/eluser]
[quote author="thepyromaniac" date="1185464433"]How much is your time worth? We already have one here!

http://socialgamer.co.uk/forums/[/quote]
Exactly.... what forum is? Bulletin Board? Where steps for integrate it into CI application? Thank you! Ciao

Would be nice if they would release it but I doubt that, but I want to build one from the ground up with CI not integrate someone else's into mine.

[eluser]abmcr[/eluser]
Very nice idea.... if you want an aid post me.... Ciao!!!

[quote author="abmcr" date="1185478199"]Very nice idea.... if you want an aid post me.... Ciao!!![/quote]

I'd like to get together a small team of developers to work on something like this if you or anyone else is interested in doing so then please let me know.

[eluser]jkevinburton[/eluser]
I too have already built a Forum on CI.

It really aint that hard. Grab a copy of phpBB or SMF, install it locally on your system) and then find the database structure, and dive into their code... I've mine into 1 library file. So next time I need it, it's drag, drop and walla!

it's all about hierarchy...
Category->Boards->Topics->Thread (reply and new topic)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB