Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Im getting an odd error...

[eluser]psylence[/eluser]
Hi,
I just installed CI on my Linux's Local Host.
I set up the local host using the linux-version of "XAMPP", just so everybody knows...

Well, I followed the instructions to install (not that it was hard to do, or anything), then I went to my localhost (http://localhost/cms/index.php, in my case) and recieved the following error immediately:

Code:
Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required '/opt/lampp/htdocs/cms/index.php' (include_path='.:/opt/lampp/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

So, If anybody could help me out...it would be very much appreciated. Thanx.

[eluser]psylence[/eluser]
Okay, I managed to fix the first error...

...But now Im getting another one...

Code:
Warning: require_once(/opt/lampp/htdocs/cms/system/codeigniter/CodeIgniter.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /opt/lampp/htdocs/cms/index.php on line 132

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/opt/lampp/htdocs/cms/system/codeigniter/CodeIgniter.php' (include_path='.:/opt/lampp/lib/php') in /opt/lampp/htdocs/cms/index.php on line 132

please help me.

[eluser]sophistry[/eluser]
The error is telling you that PHP does not have permission to open the CodeIgniter file. Check your file permissions and make sure that the web server user (usually www or apache or nobody) can read the directory and the file.

[eluser]Jamongkad[/eluser]
[quote author="sophistry" date="1185480119"]The error is telling you that PHP does not have permission to open the CodeIgniter file. Check your file permissions and make sure that the web server user (usually www or apache or nobody) can read the directory and the file.[/quote]

How do you do this anyways? I'm getting the same error....running on Ubuntu Feisty...

[eluser]sophistry[/eluser]
google knows all, sees all

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB