Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI and Doctrine: How to get doctrine to ignore certain CI models

[eluser]iDVB[/eluser]
I want to use doctrine and CI together. I've got them both integrated and working. It should also be noted that I am an ORM and Doctrine newb.
The issue right now is that I'm currently using redux_auth as the authentication for the site.

What I want to do is work with redux_auth as a loose model to get the same functionality working on the site but thru using Doctrine.

Here one of my initial issues. I think having a model called "something_auth_model" that contains all the functions for managing the auth system works well. I would like to use that same style but the innards of "something_auth_model" would use doctrine classes to access the db instead of the CI Active Record commands.

ISSUE #1: I get a doctrine CLI error when I "build-all-reload" with this "something_auth_model" in the model dir. It's not liking the "extends Model" in:
Code:
class something_auth_model extends Model
{

ISSUE #2: Assuming it even did like that model, I would think it would try to create a table in the DB for it as well which would be useless when its just a model that refs other models.

Q1: Is there a way to get doctrine to ignore that particular model when running "build-all-reload"?
OR
Is there a more "doctrine" way (CI friendly) to create a model of this type?

Details are greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
D

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB