Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
New And Confused

[eluser]mrwilson1[/eluser]
When you install the codeigniter files on your server, do you install them in the real root (/) on equal level with public_html, or under(inside) the public_html directory as where normal files and directories go?

Thanks.

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
Hi mrwilson1 and welcome to the CI forums.

[quote author="mrwilson1" date="1253151708"]When you install the codeigniter files on your server, do you install them in the real root (/) on equal level with public_html, or under(inside) the public_html directory as where normal files and directories go?
[/quote]

You'd install them in a directory called, well, whatever your project is called (just rename the codeigniter1.7.1 subdirectory) and you'd put them somewhere under your public_html directory.

I'm assuming this means you're on a *nix box running Apache, so your URL would then be (approx) http://localhost/~mrwilson1/ciproject/

Of course, you can put them as the 'real root' of a system - and lots of people do this with their live, production sites. However, during development you've usually got a few things going on in the development box, so this usually isn't how you do it.

[eluser]mrwilson1[/eluser]
Thanks Smile I have extracted the files to a directory called ci, I was just confused on where to put "that" directory on the server. Yes, defiantly on a unix system Smile Thanks for the help, I have a feeling I will be back

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB