Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Storing site settings on the server

[eluser]BrianDHall[/eluser]
I had actually always thought Visual Studio was the best IDE and that Microsoft always had the best tools...then I tried the latest batch and couldn't even get the damn things installed due to conflicting depencies and windows update giving no info on why it couldn't update or install certain things - and it ate my apache server without asking.

I was really excited to try .NET, but they seem to REALLY not like other platforms, and maybe its just because I'm on 64-bit Vista but damn I'd expect their tools to work fine in their very own OS.

I wanted to look into Phalanger and all that other really cool sounding next gen stuff, but everytime I try I'm reminded why I haven't already.

Meanwhile I can download a zip of CI and go, almost every Apache installation has mod_rewrite while IIS has yet to standardize on something universally available on nearly every IIS server, and flippin' Netbeans installed and was up and working in under 15 minutes. And its written in Java! Godforsaken Java!

I don't expect Microsoft to support other operating systems, but I do expect them to make stuff that works on their own.

So .Net is like a massage from a place I can never quite find. It supposed to be really great, but I can never quite get there and I probably couldn't afford it anyway.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB