Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Subversion Issue after Upgrading CodeIgniter

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I hope this hasn't been answered somewhere. I did a search, but wasn't able to find anything.

I have a subversion repository set up on Media Temple with CodeIgniter inside. I have a local copy that I am working on. I have upgraded CI to the latest version, updated the necessary directories and files. Works great.

The problem is that when I commit my changes, my remote repo will not accept the changes because my system folder has changed.

Here is the error:
Code:
Transmitting file data .........svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Path 'system/application' not present

Has anyone ran into this problem?

[eluser]bretticus[/eluser]
[quote author="Scott Radcliff" date="1253580802"]
Has anyone ran into this problem?[/quote]

Yeah I made the same dumb mistake. And I hate subversion BTW. The trick is to:

1. Remove the folder with svn delete {folder_path}.
2. Commit first! svn commit -m “deleting old outdated folder…”
3. Copy the new folder into place. cp -r {new_folder_path} {old_folder_path)
4. Add new folder to repo. svn add {folder_path}
5. Commit to add back that folder.

That way your commit can delete the system folder and then recreate it. I'm sure there is a more elegant way. Seems like it all started a cascade of other issues and I ended up checking out the project again before doing the above.

Good luck!

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Thanks. I was thinking along the same lines, but thought maybe there was something I was missing. I'll play around. Can't commit though. It fails every time.

BTW, I hate subversion also. I use Git for all of my personal projects.

[eluser]bretticus[/eluser]
Yeah, I thought I'd simply copy files over top and add any directories/files that were previously missing to the repository. Maybe that didn't work as I thought it *should* but I had tons of commit errors. I think I will use git from now on. Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB