Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Project development template

[eluser]TornUp[/eluser]
Hi all,

Let me give you some background, I’m a System Engineer/Network admin for a company of around about 150 users (mainly sales people), because our company only have a 2 person IT Department, we get roped into everything and anything IT related, including the development of new system, being someone who enjoys messing about with CI, I took it on as me responsibility to develop a new system that simply took an excel spreadsheet, cleaned it, and imported it into Mysql for searching. The problem I ran into, was the fact this spreadsheet had allot of data(reaching near the capabilities of excel itself at nearly 50,000 rows, what isn't a problem for mysql! but was a problem for myself, who had to develop a system to import it into mysql!(the searching bit is easy!!)

After realising that a project intended to be developed in house was too big, iv decided to outsource it to a development company.

My problem lies in converting my notes and also documenting features the end user (in my case, the company’s sales manager) wishes to have in this system, into a format that I am able to pass to the development company.

This is where your help comes in...

What information do you require from a client when building their web applications? And do you use/know of any "template" that is pretty much "fill in the gaps"?

I look forward to hearing your replies Smile

Tom kirby.

this is where your help comes in..

what infomation do you require from a client when building their web applications? and do you use/know of any "template" that is pretty much "fill in the gaps"?

I look forward to hearing your replys Smile

Tom kirby.

[eluser]renownedmedia[/eluser]
You'll of course want to give them a chunk of the spreadsheet, like the first hundred entries maybbe. Also give them the format of the output you would like, e.g. the mysql table(s) schema.

Also, give them any other constraints on the server or machines you would like to run this software. E.g. requireing Linux or whatever.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB