Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CIMBlE - My first CI project

[eluser]AzizLight[/eluser]
Hello everybody,
I have been learning and using CodeIgniter for about two months now, and I finished my first project. Well I started it, it's actually very rudimentary and I am posting this new thread to get some advice and feedback on how I am doing so far. Note that it's also my first PHP project. So to sum up, I am both a CI and PHP beginner.

The project is a very simple blog engine - CIMBlE means CodeIgniter Minimalist Blog Engine. I gave it a name just for fun, I don't intend to do anything serious with this project besides using it to develop my personal site.

So far there is just the php and the html, I'll add the css and the eventual javascript later. I haven't coded the comment functionality yet and the new user functionality (that's intentional, for now at least).

Here is the link to the GitHub repository.

GitHub CIMBlE repository

Please don't hesitate to criticize as much as you want but try not to be mean Smile

[eluser]brainer[/eluser]
I can't seem to find the database schema..

I'm not going to lie to you, CIMBlE is a DEAD project. It was my first CodeIgniter project and it ended up being a learning project. In fact, I learn A LOT of things while working on it, and I moved on. You can still use libraries and helpers I created, but the project itself is definitely not usable as is. I you want to create a blog you're better off using something like Wordpress, Tumblr, Posterous, or something similar.

As for the database schema, I can't really help you there, the project is not even on my computer anymore, the GitHub repository is all that is left of it.

[eluser]brainer[/eluser]
fair enough. pitty though, i could really use a super-simple CI blog Sad

Well you could pick up where I stopped Smile Fork the project and expand on it until you're satisfied. As for the database schema you could take a look at the form_validation.php configuration file and the models and recreate the database this way; The schema wasn't complex at all.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB