Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
SQLite PDO driver

[eluser]Gaz[/eluser]
Hi all,

I'm looking for a PDO SQLite driver for CodeIgniter v1.7.2, to enable use of SQLite v3.

Does anybody know if such a driver exists?

Cheers,
Gaz.

[eluser]mpc[/eluser]
For the current state of CodeIgniter PDO affairs, see: PDO support.

While PDO for SQLite 3 used to work, a re-do of the CodeIgniter database classes 'broke' that previous approach.

For all of CodeIgniters' fabulous conveniences and documentation, the PHP generic database-connectivity philosophy, embodied in PDO, is, apparently, not, yet, embraced in the CodeIgniter camps.

[eluser]Gaz[/eluser]
Hi mpc,

Thanks for the links.

Cheers,
Gaz.

[eluser]Gaz[/eluser]
As an aside, has any body had any problems with the sqlite driver that comes with CI v1.7.2?

I'm getting problems every now and then with database sessions failing to write and returning the error "attempt to write a read only database". This only occurs very rarely, but is obviously going to be a serious issue for a production site.

Cheers,
Gaz.

[eluser]mpc[/eluser]
[quote author="Gaz" date="1254280051"]
I'm getting problems every now and then with database sessions failing to write and returning the error "attempt to write a read only database". This only occurs very rarely, but is obviously going to be a serious issue for a production site. [/quote]

Security is, no doubt, a PiA ... and burns no end of development time.

Normally, I would suggest looking at the User and Group Permissions on the directory where the SQLite database file resides AND where the error-log file resides. That your error only occurs occasionally makes me wonder if it only occurs when there is an error ... and, maybe, SQLite does not have Permission to write to that error file and/or directory.

In a web server environment SQLite operates as an embedded sub-process, called by something else, like, for example, PHP. PHP, in turn, runs as a sub-process of the web server, for example Apache, which operates under some User and Group ... www-data in the case of Debian/Ubuntu.

Complicated enough? ... have fun. `hope this might 'ring a bell' that leads to your solution.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB