Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Url exceptions

[eluser]bretticus[/eluser]
[quote author="jbuda" date="1254402087"]So CodeIgniter controls all my urls with no exceptions? [/quote]

So how is Codeigniter controlling your URLs again? Can you show us some code from your page?

[eluser]jbuda[/eluser]
Bretticus, i would rather not use IIS but the powers that be!

I have no problem using .htaccess to do this, but im trying to make this as deployable across platforms as flexible as possible.

I think the most viable option is to make the controller, like wiredesignz has mentioned.

By the way, this is an excellent forum. The replies have been so quick and very helpful.

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
[quote author="jbuda" date="1254402087"]i would really prefer not to use mod_rewrite... but im guessing that this is the only option?[/quote]
No you have several options as described in this thread, but using mod_rewrite (isapi rewrite on IIS) you get several advantages.

For 1 you can remove the 'ugly' /index.php/ from your url's. Also it would be easier if you have several resources pointing to the same page, to just do the redirecting on the webserver level, instead of letting php do it. That way several URL's can point to your 'interface'.

Quote:PHP in IIS with Windows? Do people really deploy a production server that way? grin
Unfortunately some clients (especially Big Corp ™) have vendor lock-in with Microsoft. We have several clients who simply have the policy on running with Microsoft, end of story.

[eluser]jbuda[/eluser]
the 'ugly' index.php is not a problem, This is a private application and thus the url does not need to be readable by users or for seo terms... and thus seems overkill to use rewriting.

[eluser]bretticus[/eluser]
[quote author="jbuda" date="1254402672"]the 'ugly' index.php is not a problem, This is a private application and thus the url does not need to be readable by users or for seo terms... and thus seems overkill to use rewriting.[/quote]

Okay, agreed, but can you show us some code? EDIT: Unless you got it figured out that is.

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
Never discount the using the server as a tool. Rewrite is a perfectly acceptable solution.

[eluser]jbuda[/eluser]
hi all

i have managed to get a workaround for this, for the time being.

i would just like to thank all the replies and help with this, and especially how quick te replies were.

thanks

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB