Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
View providing no results, but table has recent entries

[eluser]Bob Puzld[/eluser]
[quote author="InsiteFX" date="1254532875"]Also I would re-read the database user guide your orderby clause should be

Note: order_by() was formerly known as orderby(), which has been deprecated.

$this->db->order_by("name", "asc");

Also num_rows should be num_rows() when checking in an if statement.

Enjoy
InsiteFX[/quote]

----------------

InsiteFX, I have changed the num_rows and the orderby as you suggested but still same results...

This page has been working for about 5 years up until they finally upgraded the servers this past spring (2009). Does anyone think there could be something in the server settings that could cause this? It seems like it could be something simple, but who knows......

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Bob,

I am saying it is this, but I would check out the MySQL database Charset and the Collation to see if anything changed from the move to new servers.

Enjoy
InsiteFX

[quote author="InsiteFX" date="1254910869"]Bob,

I am saying it is this, but I would check out the MySQL database Charset and the Collation to see if anything changed from the move to new servers.

Enjoy
InsiteFX[/quote]

-----------------------

Will that tell me if something had changed?

[eluser]Chad Fulton[/eluser]
In your controller, after the line where you call the GetPaymentRequests function, add this:
Code:
var_dump($this->db->_error_message();
die;

Let us know what shows up. The MySQL error should let us know what the problem is.

[quote author="Chad Fulton" date="1254962093"]In your controller, after the line where you call the GetPaymentRequests function, add this:
Code:
die;

Let us know what shows up. The MySQL error should let us know what the problem is.[/quote]

-----------------

Ok. I will try that and let you know.

Here is the message I get when I add the code...
Code:
die;

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home/rrrprogr/public_html/system/application/controllers/users.php on line 269

Couple other thoughts...

1. Would it help if I upgraded to a newer version of codeigniter?

2. Would it be worthwhile to test this on another web server? Would it be a lot of work to get it set up on another server?

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
[quote author="Bob Puzld" date="1254992047"]Here is the message I get when I add the code...
Code:
die;

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home/rrrprogr/public_html/system/application/controllers/users.php on line 269[/quote]

Come on - surely you can work out you need that extra ) at the end of that line, by yourself?

A newer version of CI isn't likely to change the situation.

Testing on another server is always a good idea, however, assuming it's not a lot of work to set up another server - in my experience it isn't, but then I'm using a sensible OS with sensible scripts to build my DB.

[quote author="jedd" date="1255041570"][quote author="Bob Puzld" date="1254992047"]Here is the message I get when I add the code...
Code:
die;

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home/rrrprogr/public_html/system/application/controllers/users.php on line 269[/quote]

Come on - surely you can work out you need that extra ) at the end of that line, by yourself?

A newer version of CI isn't likely to change the situation.

Testing on another server is always a good idea, however, assuming it's not a lot of work to set up another server - in my experience it isn't, but then I'm using a sensible OS with sensible scripts to build my DB.[/quote]

-------------------------

Thanks for your input. oops! I guess I did miss the closing parenthesis. I will repost any error I get once I properly fix the code.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB