Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Classified Ads website. how to start?

[eluser]Sinclair[/eluser]
Hi, I'am new to codeigniter.

I need to develop a Classified Ads website using codeigniter, but I don't know how to start this project. I read about codeigniter do not need to use models, so my question is: I nee to write a class like "Class Ads"? What should be my aproach to this using codeigniter?

Sorry for my bad english and my newbie questions.

Best Regards, André.

[eluser]BrianDHall[/eluser]
You'll want to read (or re-read) the CodeIgniter manual, as I think you have some misunderstandings about it.

For one, while you are not strictly required to use models - you still should.

You would likely have a main Classifieds controller, perhaps a separate controller for Creating_Ads. You would have an Advertisements model that controls adding, fetching, and changing ad info from your database, and you would have Views to handle your various display requirements (like a front_page view, a partial view to handle brief ad listings perhaps, etc).

You'd probably benefit from checking the CI tutorials over at NetTuts, such as: http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/php/co...er-basics/

[eluser]Sinclair[/eluser]
Thanks for your reply. Is that what I need.

Another question. I have my database designed in Postgres. There are problems with CI and Postgres? It is safe to develop an application using CI and Postgres?

Best Regards,
André.

[eluser]Michael Burn[/eluser]
If somebody else needs help in this topic, try PHP Classifieds

In my opinion, it's the best way to start with classified scripts in php.
They have craigslist and olx clone, great support and service, free addons and installation.

Greetings!

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
What ever happened to iClassEngine? Did they go commercial?

[eluser]Michael Burn[/eluser]
yes, they did Sad

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB