Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Have Anyone inplemented FBConnect with CI

[eluser]imn.codeartist[/eluser]
Hi Everyone,

Have anyone here who have implemented FBConnect with CI?

[eluser]mikeyhell[/eluser]
[quote author="dixcoder" date="1255346836"]Hi Everyone,

Have anyone here who have implemented FBConnect with CI?[/quote]

Yes.

[eluser]Fatih[/eluser]
Please check Elliot's post.

I would like to add though that our experience running CI and fb api's was not a pleasurable experience. CI did not scale well at all and the app had to be rebuilt using a different framework. It's probably good for someone who has a small app because it was really easy to code and get out the door - but that's about the only nice thing I have to say about it. The app gets around 250k hits/day now Smile but CI was fine up to about 10k hits per day and then it was a mess trying to scale w/ CI's innerworkings.

[eluser]BrianDHall[/eluser]
[quote author="mikeyhell" date="1255350475"]I would like to add though that our experience running CI and fb api's was not a pleasurable experience. CI did not scale well at all and the app had to be rebuilt using a different framework. It's probably good for someone who has a small app because it was really easy to code and get out the door - but that's about the only nice thing I have to say about it. The app gets around 250k hits/day now Smile but CI was fine up to about 10k hits per day and then it was a mess trying to scale w/ CI's innerworkings.[/quote]

OK, tangent, but I'd love to know what you ended up using. All I've ever heard is CI is the fastest PHP framework in existence with the lowest per-page overhead - that another framework is more scalable is an entirely new thing to me.

[quote author="BrianDHall" date="1255375217"][quote author="mikeyhell" date="1255350475"]I would like to add though that our experience running CI and fb api's was not a pleasurable experience. CI did not scale well at all and the app had to be rebuilt using a different framework. It's probably good for someone who has a small app because it was really easy to code and get out the door - but that's about the only nice thing I have to say about it. The app gets around 250k hits/day now Smile but CI was fine up to about 10k hits per day and then it was a mess trying to scale w/ CI's innerworkings.[/quote]

OK, tangent, but I'd love to know what you ended up using. All I've ever heard is CI is the fastest PHP framework in existence with the lowest per-page overhead - that another framework is more scalable is an entirely new thing to me.[/quote]

Custom framework that pretty much outperformed every framework out there. Most facebook apps are simple so it's not really necessary to load up a bunch of extra junk. I looked at the pluf framework but it's simply not ready IMO for production but it's really fast. The next app I am building will use kohana with heavy usage of memcached and a database cluster.

[eluser]Julian Mesa[/eluser]
Hello!

Please check http://dentalmundo.com
This website have FBConnect

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB