Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
multi-sessions - multi-users

[eluser]Peyge[/eluser]
On the same browser, we must be able to open a new tab and connect to my site with another user, without disturbing the other session that was opened before. I must be able to open 2 sessions on the same computer, in the same browser. How could I do that ?

[eluser]bitist[/eluser]
[quote author="Peyge" date="1255543190"]On the same browser, we must be able to open a new tab and connect to my site with another user, without disturbing the other session that was opened before. I must be able to open 2 sessions on the same computer, in the same browser. How could I do that ?[/quote]

I can tell you how to do this Firefox. It doesn't work with tabs, but works with windows.

You must have two profiles in your Firefox profile directory.
Run firefox from command line (all these tips works on Linux and probably on Windows too):
Code:
firefox -no-remote -P
then you'll see the user profile chooser window. Create here a new profile and name it eg. "NewProfile1". Close this windows and create another profile eg. "NewProfile2".

Now you can start 2 instance of Firefox in this way:
Code:
firefox -no-remote -P NewProfile1
firefox -no-remote -P NewProfile2

[eluser]Peyge[/eluser]
seems great but i can't tell to all my users to open their browsers that way !

[eluser]bitist[/eluser]
You're right, I thought you need this from web developer point of view.

[eluser]Peyge[/eluser]
what i really want is my user beeing able to connect to my page with one login and one password and open another tab or window and connect to my site with another user and password without destroying the other session opened before ! seems impossible !!

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
You haven't said how you're authenticating users, or tracking them when online. OTOH this information is unlikely to help with your problem.

In fact, I'm not quite sure how this is CodeIgniter related, as the problem (feature?) is that browsers don't work this way. Once you authenticate and get your cookie, that becomes available to every instance of that browser. The only way I've done what you're trying to do in the past is to use two different browsers (konquerer and iceweasel, in my case, but I'm extra special).

Perhaps wrap some scripts / icons around vanyinet's suggestion - though it would still require some smarts on behalf of your users, and if you go down that path you'll probably find that other things don't work quite the way your users are used to.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB