Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
making NetBeans 6.7 work with CI.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has successfully configured NetBeans to work with CI for PHP dev. Would anyone be kind enough to give out a walkthrough on how to start a new CI-enabled PHP project in Netbeans? It's easy enough to do if I'm not using NetBeans, but I'm lost using the IDE. Would I have to start the project with "existing PHP source", or do I just include the FW in the project's include path? (Doing the latter didn't work for me.

My dev environment is using Ubuntu 9.04, Netbeans 6.7.1

Thanks!

[eluser]BrianDHall[/eluser]
I posted a thread about this and got all the answers I needed to get up and working: check it out http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/128333/

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi:

Thanks for the response. I was actually reading that thread last night after doing the search for making NetBeans with CI. That thread is more on using xdebug rather than setting up a new/existing project on NB.

Thanks!
- Jae

[eluser]cahva[/eluser]
Theres really nothing to it. Just create the project as you would normally do. If you mean that you cant get the code completion work, its easily fixable. There was a blog post but at the time of writing it is down.

To get code completion to work, create a file (you can name it anything you want with a .php suffix):
Code:
<?php
/**
* @property CI_Loader $load
* @property CI_Form_validation $form_validation
* @property CI_Input $input
* @property CI_Email $email
* @property CI_DB_active_record $db
* @property CI_DB_forge $dbforge
* @property CI_Table $table
* @property CI_Session $session
* @property CI_FTP $ftp
*/
Class Controller {
}
?>
Place the file to a place where netbeans can find it. Personally I put this file to the "nbproject" folder which is created after you create a new project.

[eluser]Jondolar[/eluser]
Unfortunately, Netbeans won't do code complete on your own classes when they are loaded by the CI framework. PHP Designer does do this but NetBeans doesn't (well, I haven't found a way yet).

[eluser]Thorpe Obazee[/eluser]
@empoy. you can check out this site: code completion with codeigniter in netbeans

[eluser]Jondolar[/eluser]
Hi bargainph

I followed your post and it worked for me. Thank you for sharing the solution.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB