Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Fancy calendar plugin

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello,

Does anyone know how to edit the calendar plugin in Codeigniter to have an active Day and active Weekday. (Example: Today is Thursday, 15 ... Calendar should have a templating option to add a div around the Weekday also.)

Thanks ya all!

[eluser]markup2go[/eluser]
Anything is doable but requires digging into and extending the CI Calendaring class. Here's a pretty complicated event calendar I had to build for a client www.asbi.org/calendar for example of what can be done after extending the Calendaring class.

[eluser]musonic[/eluser]
[quote author="markup2go" date="1255631209"]Anything is doable but requires digging into and extending the CI Calendaring class. Here's a pretty complicated event calendar I had to build for a client www.asbi.org/calendar for example of what can be done after extending the Calendaring class.[/quote]

The calendar looks great on the asbi site. Could you post the code for the modifications you made to the calendar class. I reckon I could work out the styling but am having a bit of trouble extending the template system to do what I need and the logic for grabbing data from a db.
If you could help, that would be great.

[eluser]Dan King[/eluser]
Yeah, I'd be interested to see what you did. Your calendar on http://www.asbi.org is exactly what I'm looking to do. I have a calendar controller/model that I'm using, but it is very messy and is not really meant to be used in CodeIgniter. Basically the model echo's the HTML calendar ... it's real bad.

I would really like to use CodeIgniters calendar if possible. Did you just extend the Calendar class and replace the generate() function with your own? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

[eluser]markup2go[/eluser]
Thank you both for your comments and I'm sorry I've neglected to provide any help thus far. I'm going to release this as a Calendar class extension very soon.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I would be really interested in that pretty calendar class. Thanks Wink

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB