Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Moving Hosts

[eluser]webspace unlimited[/eluser]
Hi There

My company has been asked to host a pre written codeburner site.

Rather than me spend ages and ages looking to find the config files I thought to be very lazy and ask if someone can point me in the right direction (and please dont show me the door Smile

Also any tips and pointers would be gratefully recieved.

Kind Regards
Richard

[eluser]stuart_g[/eluser]
The config files in the directory System/Application/Config should be all you need, if the site has been written in the CI way. Specifically config.php and database.php in that directory

many thanks Smile

ok have sorted the main config - however the inner pages are not showing present so it seems I am missing a config somewhere for the inner oage links.. any suggestions?

many thanks
Richard

[eluser]Terry Valladon[/eluser]
Sounds to me (with the limited information provided) like you forgot to move the .htaccess file or the .htaccess file is not being read. Might want to check that the file is there and the settings are right.

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
[quote author="webspace unlimited" date="1256005015"]
however the inner pages are not showing present so it seems I am missing a config somewhere for the inner oage links.. any suggestions?
[/quote]

Two.

Define 'inner pages'. In general you should describe errors as clearly and fully as possible. If nothing appears in the browser, confirm (using page-source) that nothing at all is present. That kind of thing.

Consult the [url="http://codeigniter.com/wiki/FAQ"]FAQ[/url] - particularly the section on site moves. It's a work in progress, but has a couple of the easy gotchas that people usually miss. We can expand it with whatever is learned from your current migration.

thanks for the replies.

Must admit to being lazy at ecxplaining errors jedd - I am trying to get another developers site hosted on my array asap - and working with a code ignitor which I am unfamiliar with so... its a case of taking it from an array where it doesnt worjk beciase the environment is not right and place it on ur linux array - which should be ok - we are being paid only to host so moving the site and debugging is a courtesy we are providing for the client and not something we are overly familiar with.

It does sound like the htaccess file is the issue here so will look into that now

kind regards
Richard

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB