Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Moving the app/config and sys/db directories?

[eluser]Jebstream[/eluser]
Well, as the title says it, I am wanting to move the application/config directory and the system/database directory. Where are the functions that control the routing for these so that I can move them to a new directory?

On another note, I have created am app/folder. How would I create a &this;->load function for that directory? I have scoured every directory in CI, but because of my newness to PhP, I don't understand the functions centered around such things.

[eluser]pistolPete[/eluser]
Why do you want to move these directories?
Could you use a symlink?

[eluser]Eric Barnes[/eluser]
This post should give you an idea how I did it:
http://ericlbarnes.com/develop/codeignit...ings-file/

Because I am making a new file structure suited to my needs. It requires heavy modification of the CI system, but it is also more organized for my personal usage. Your method seems simple, but then I would still have config requests throughout the CI system; I am wanting to move this entire directory, and I just cant seemt to find the right functions to control such since they are scattered throughout more than one file.

I suppose the more important question here, however, is adding a custom this->load function, although from one of Eric's tips I see I should be able to do so from the Loader.php file and will give that a try later.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
All you need to do is edit the index.php file and point system and application to the right directories.

Enjoy
InsiteFX

[eluser]Eric Barnes[/eluser]
Also you can sub class the Config library and point it any where you want. Check the manual for instructions.

[quote author="InsiteFX" date="1256010567"]All you need to do is edit the index.php file and point system and application to the right directories.[/quote]

This is not what I am wanting done. I have moved the app and sys folders, or rather, renamed them. I am trying to completely move the application/config/ directory. After browsing the core coding I am finding calls for the config files everywhere. I guess I will have to do it one by one.

[quote author="suzkaw" date="1256012931"]Also you can sub class the Config library and point it any where you want. Check the manual for instructions.[/quote]

I looked in the manual, but I am not really comprehending what it is your implying. I am guessing your talking of making my own config libraries, but the system still requires the config files which I am wanting removed and moved to another location, but if I do this the system is going to have errors.

On another note, I found out how to make my own &this;->load functions in the Loader. I do have a new question though... is there a detailed changelog kept somewhere showing code changes, just not a description as to the change?

[eluser]pistolPete[/eluser]
[quote author="roottoor" date="1256146700"]is there a detailed changelog kept somewhere showing code changes, just not a description as to the change?[/quote]

You can list the changes using SVN: http://dev.ellislab.com/svn/CodeIgniter/trunk/

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB