Problem validating array form fields

[eluser]logan2z[/eluser]
I've got a form to which I dynamically add some input fields based on user interaction. These input fields all contain a URL string. Initially, I was naming these fields url[0], url[1], ... and adding a validation rule to a group in my form_validation.php file that looked like this:

array('field' => 'url[]',
'label' => "Price",
'rules' => 'callback_url_check'
)

This didn't seem to work as I had expected. So I renamed my input fields to url_0, url_1, ... and dynamically added validation rules in my controller like this:

foreach ($url) {
$this->form_validation->set_rules($url, 'URL', 'callback_url_check');
}

before invoking the validator.

I want the callback to set an error message for the field if validation fails but, according to the validator docs, the call to set_error_message in a callback should look like this:

$this->form_validation->set_message('url_check', 'Invalid URL');

But if I've attached the callback to multiple fields, how does the set_message() function know which one to associate the message with? Is it not valid to share the callback function with multiple form fields?

Obviously what I'm doing isn't working correctly or I wouldn't be posting this :-) I'm pretty new to CI so I'm probably missing something obvious here...

[eluser]imn.codeartist[/eluser]
you need to modify code form_validation class and here is the nice example how to do that

check this thread http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/45589/

[eluser]logan2z[/eluser]
So the only way to do this is to modify the framework!? Ugh.

Are array fields supposed to work? The docs say they do, but I couldn't make it happen with a callback.

[eluser]imn.codeartist[/eluser]
array fields validation works basically probably you have done some mistakes or missed something please check them once again or post your code here

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Theme © 2014 iAndrew