Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Rewritebase bummer

[eluser]joeizang[/eluser]
hi y'all,

Please I am uploading my first CI based site (actually my first site ever). i used the wiki to work on removing the index.php file using the DreamHost .htaccess solution 2. but I just get a 404 error, a codeigniter 404. Now I don't understand the RewriteBase Directive. what folder location am i supposed to add to the rewritebase directive. all my files are in the:
root folder of the site so my structure is:

/
/application
/system
index.php
please help.

[eluser]Ben Edmunds[/eluser]
Your rewrite base should be / from your htaccess but you shouldn't need to set that in your htaccess. Where are you defining this? In htaccess or in httpd.conf?

What do you have now?

just .htaccess not in httpd.conf. so I don't have to set the rewritebase directive. let me just paste my .htaccess:

Code:
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php/$1 [L]
</IfModule>

<IfModule !mod_rewrite.c>
    # If we don't have mod_rewrite installed, all 404's
    # can be sent to index.php, and everything works as normal.
    # Submitted by: ElliotHaughin

ErrorDocument 404 /index.php
</IfModule>

You shouldn't need the RewriteBase in your htaccess, but it isn't hurting anything. But you do need to verify with your host that mod_rewrite is enabled.

oh i put a phpinfo file and checked: no support for mod_rewrite. so it means that the site has to have the index.php file in the address at all times?

Thanks

I did some googling and dreahost does support mod_rewrite so you probably just have to turn it on somewhere.

I've never used dreamhost so I don't know where to tell you to do that but it should be possible.

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
Try adding a forward slash before index.php in your RewriteRule. I have a nearly identical .htaccess file which works fine, except mine has the slash. Not sure if that's the cause, but it can't hurt to try.

Code:
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php/$1 [L]
</IfModule>

<IfModule !mod_rewrite.c>
    # If we don't have mod_rewrite installed, all 404's
    # can be sent to index.php, and everything works as normal.
    # Submitted by: ElliotHaughin

ErrorDocument 404 /index.php
</IfModule>

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB