Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter white page

[eluser]n3ck[/eluser]
Hi!

I've made my first webapp with codeigniter framework, and it has been working well since i ran it in IE6. Only in IE6 when i click on the link, blank page appears (with no html code), but when i click on refresh button, everything works as it should. I've tried to run whole bunch of tips from microsoft for "blank page hyperlinks in IE6" but none of them helped me (other websites works pretty well). I'm worry about this, cause i can't just tell "you must change web browser" to my supervisor. Here's some of my sample code.

Code:
<?php

class Login extends Controller
{
    function Login()
    {
        parent::Controller();
        //$this->lang->load('store','czech');
        $this->load->library("rsauth");
         $this->load->model("rsauth_mng_model");
        $loginform = $this->rsauth->login(TRUE);
         if($this->rsauth->check())
        {
            $userdata = $this->session->userdata('role');
            switch($userdata)
            {
            case 1:
                redirect('/one/');
                break;
            case 2:
                redirect('/two/');
                break;
            case 3:
                redirect('/tree/');
                break;
            default:
                $this->load->view('privatearea');
            }

}
        else
        {
            $this->load->view('privatearea',array("loginform"=>$loginform));
         }
    }

function index()
    {

}

function form()
    {
        $this->load->view('privatearea');

}
?>

Code:
<form action="login" method="post">
    <table>
        <tr><td><label for="username">User: </label></td><td>&lt;input type="text" name="username" value="" /&gt;&lt;/td></tr>
        <tr><td><label for="password">Password: </label></td><td>&lt;input type="password" name="password" /&gt;&lt;/td></tr>
    </table>
    &lt;input type="submit" name="loginbt" value="Login"/&gt;
&lt;/form&gt;

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? I've also tried to set Cache-Control metadata in header but still nothing.

Thanks in advance, Regards

[eluser]bretticus[/eluser]
Oh boy, I feel sorry for you if you have a supervisor still using IE6!

Blank pages are typically indicative of php errors. Have you checked your webserver logs for errors? I know this is just when using IE6 but I've seen IE6 munge URLs before. Here's a posting about blank space when encountering php error.

Good luck!

[eluser]n3ck[/eluser]
Yes, i have error display option turned on. I don't know where is the problem, after refresh everything works good, it's just like IE sometimes doesn't send an request to server or sth, but why other sites are running pretty well...

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
Oh wow.

You've discovered an intermittent bug in IE6.

Well done you.

Seriously .. you're talking about a bit of software that was released 8 years ago, and has been generally considered to be craptastic for about 8 years. It's often judged to be the [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_bob"]second worst piece of software ever released[/url], but in my judgement that's a race that's too close to call. Almost any other browser - even a [url="http://www.microsoft.com/windows/Internet-explorer/default.aspx"]really crap one[/url] - would be preferable. You should disabuse your boss of the notion that IE6 is harmless immediately, and resist any temptation or pressure to spend more time resolving problems with it.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I've the exact problem as described. nothing helps... frustated. should i move to another framework other than CI? or should I have a super power ability to uninstall all internet explorer from this entire world.

please.. any help with this anyone ?

please... real answer anyone... yes IE sucks... yes IE is a crap, useless, bla..bla..bla.. but my employeer still use it....

argahrgjhadjhasda^*&%^*&%^$%DS^DR%^D%SDRAS^%!@*(&!^*(!&*(

alright to make it even worse....

codeigniter
+ http://www.matthewfedak.co.uk/session_hy...niter.html
+ IE 6
+ my hosting company (works well in my localhost and test server)

^&$%!@!@!@!@!@!@!^&@!%^*&@%!^&@%!^&@%!^&*&
feel like F********************

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
What exactly doesn't work? Clicking on a link? Or a redirect behind that link?

And you're sure you are not getting a blank page because of an error while display_errors is switched of? Or because you're doing an echo outside the Output class while output compression is enabled in your config?

Please describe what you did, what you expect to happen, and what actually happened. Also, any code behind this would be useful.

If this is about redirects: IE6 contains a bug in parsing the redirect URL. Try adding an extension, so don't redirect to http://www.example.org/controller/method, but to http://www.example.org/controller/method.html. CI will ignore the extension.
If this works, you can define the extension in your config file, so that CI helpers will generate the correct URL's.

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
Hi johnp2 and welcome to the CI forums.

[quote author="johnp2" date="1280587682"]
nothing helps...
[/quote]

What have you tried, and what was the result (even if it wasn't a solution)?

Have a read of [url="/wiki/How_to_ask_a_good_question/"]this page in the wiki[/url] to second guess other questions we're going to ask.

Quote:should i move to another framework other than CI?

Have you tried this same code in other frameworks - if it works elsewhere you should certainly move. Most frameworks aren't quite as committed to the rapidly shrinking, and currently (IIRC) 6% of the third world market that still uses IE6.

Quote:or should I have a super power ability to uninstall all internet explorer from this entire world.

If the problem is 'exactly as described above' - that is, with IE version 6 only - then it's quite a different problem than 'all internet explorer'.

What exactly is your problem?

Quote:alright to make it even worse....

You don't describe how this makes it worse.

The matthewfedak link shows a page with a replacement Session library - but a) doesn't bother to mention what it does differently, or b) why, or c) says what version of CI it's meant to work with.

What do you believe it should do for you over and above the extant session library?

Does it behave differently (better, worse, etc) than the extant session library insofar as your particular problem?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB