Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 2.1

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
I just saw Phil at Guns n' Ammo. Look out, folks

[eluser]BrianDHall[/eluser]
want to make facebuk/twt/txt/myspace/print/googlemap/login module, plugins code any1?

[eluser]Yorick Peterse[/eluser]
[quote author="n0xie" date="1256766438"]Can I haz Youtubez?[/quote]

Hahaha, love your signature Tongue

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
I am writing a blog article in which I shall call you all "meanyhags" and complain a lot about my feelings. Subscribe in preparation!

[eluser]Yorick Peterse[/eluser]
[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1256853615"]I am writing a blog article in which I shall call you all "meanyhags" and complain a lot about my feelings. Subscribe in preparation![/quote]

Will the article contain CI 2.0 beta keys ?

[eluser]BrianDHall[/eluser]
[quote author="Yorick Peterse" date="1256858689"][quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1256853615"]I am writing a blog article in which I shall call you all "meanyhags" and complain a lot about my feelings. Subscribe in preparation![/quote]

Will the article contain CI 2.0 beta keys ?[/quote]

I was hoping Phil would share some of his beta keys for Diablo IV.

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
The article. Leave a comment to get free CodeIgniter 2 & Diablo IV Beta keys :-p

[eluser]sl3dg3hamm3r[/eluser]
That's awesome!
And I created a new group, voting for inject_beef() - feel free to join Wink

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1256931518"]The article. Leave a comment to get free CodeIgniter 2 & Diablo IV Beta keys :-p[/quote]

Nice article, Phil.

I don't know enough javascript to comment, but starting to wrap my head around it now - and I can start to see the potential usefulness of a helper or library, particularly if it ties into something like jquery.

Have never used modules, but tend to agree (judging by the popularity) that they could/should be shifted in as (optional) core functionality.

I suspect that your suggestion that libraries deal with non-array data as a parameter is unlikely to be acted on. Occasionally this frustrates me - PHP can certainly cope with sending different types of data around, of course - but I suspect that it's simply too big a performance hit for EVERY CI function to test for the type of data it just got, before acting on it. Plus you'd have to come up with default $keys for instances where you send a single datum. The extra 15 characters or so that it requires (as your sample code observes) doesn't seem hugely onerous, and keeps the interfaces consistent.

Finally, this bit is probably a typo:
Quote:The problem for me is that pre_controller exists very early in the system flow and has no access to the database or a great deal of the CodeIgniter instance. The pre_controller_constructor hook has access to everything CodeIgniter has to offer, but it runs after your controller constructor ...

Either it's really broken or just badly named.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB