Loading Images from MySQL db to view in CI

[eluser]GeoXeo[/eluser]
Well done !

I have another interpretation though ...

I think that with PHP, each character outside a code block is sent to the output.
So when you try to send the bytes of the image, a space has already been sent and the http headers have already been sent too.

When you output text, it may seem to work: you see the page you expected.

I say 'seem to work' because there are some php warning messages that you seem to miss (check error_reporting() in index.php)

Code:
Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\wamp\www\ci.geoxeo\system\application\config\database.php:1)

So I would say that there is likely nothing wrong with CI, it's just PHP stuff

[eluser]vickel[/eluser]
I'm not picking on CI, not at all ! - it helped me to achieve building some great weblications.

and you are right, if I try to read a non blob type field, which means not using HEADERS, the result is correct, the blank space doesn't matter.

I've set error_reporting(E_ALL) but didn't get any message ?

Anyway, maybe in a future version of CI, removing blank spaces before and maybe after a "code block" automatically could help avoiding our issue.

Thanks GeoXeo for your time, I've lost a lot of hours, but have learned a lot too, best from Portugal, Vickel

[eluser]bonatoc[/eluser]
— to delete —

[eluser]vickel[/eluser]
thanks bonatoc, but here we tried to resolve a certain issue. If the solution is good or bad, well that's another story to discuss. And that story has been discussed furiously in this forum.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Theme © 2014 iAndrew