Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
disable codeigniter uri security

[eluser]kakawett[/eluser]
Hi.

My site has king of search engine and people can type what ever they want.
The problem is that the character "+" isn't allowed and I want to have beauty url : search/My+Keywords+Whatever
i've setup the search/(.*) in routes.php, but the documentation says that all character are prohibited except A-Za-z0-9 and a few others.

So how do I enable the '+' ?
Thanks.

Oh and the search has to support different languages so it must support characters like 세, ü, é, etc...

[eluser]Ben Edmunds[/eluser]
You'd probably be better off passing the search string through post if you want all those options.

No - need google to be able to index some search results... srsly, how do I disable that ? how do people from korean do ?

[eluser]Ben Edmunds[/eluser]
In the config file turn on query strings and set the allowed uri characters.

[eluser]Thorpe Obazee[/eluser]
Perhaps this could be helpful?

Simple Search: passing form variable to URI?

@Ben Edmunds : Yeah but if I turn on the query string... it will do it for ALL my controllers right ? so I wont have any pretty url at all, only index.php?c=xxx&m=xxxx&yyyY=aaaa.... or is it possible to enable it only for the search ?

And I don't want any .php, I really want to have the /searc/any+keyword+any+language structure.

@barhainph yeah it looks working but the url will be escaped so I won't have pretty urls that I need.

Do you guys have an idea ? maybe the Ben ones is the solution, but isn't there any other way to do it ?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB