Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How can I connect my CI blog with WL Writer?

[eluser]Keem1[/eluser]
Hi!

I've used to a long time my CI based blog. So, I thought, make a connector Windows Live Writer reaching my blog to write and modify posts. But I can't how it works. As my opinion, a common API needs in my CI blog.
Wordpress, Blogger, etc. can handle it, but the source code is hard for me to implement for CI.
Has anybody idea for my problem (or a semi-completed code :lolSmile?

[eluser]Jamie Rumbelow[/eluser]
If I'm guessing correctly, Windows Live Writer uses XML-RPC to connect to the blog and do various tasks. Thus, you need to write some XML-RPC functionality into your application. Luckily for you, CodeIgniter has a built-in XML-RPC Server library that makes it a breeze to write an XML-RPC server. Check that out and read the docs, it should be enough you need to get started.

Jamie

[eluser]Keem1[/eluser]
[quote author="Jamie Rumbelow" date="1257107761"]If I'm guessing correctly, Windows Live Writer uses XML-RPC to connect to the blog and do various tasks. Thus, you need to write some XML-RPC functionality into your application. Luckily for you, CodeIgniter has a built-in XML-RPC Server library that makes it a breeze to write an XML-RPC server. Check that out and read the docs, it should be enough you need to get started.

Jamie[/quote]

Jeah, I read the docs, and it seems will be enough, but I'm not familiar in the WL Writer's API. Which data and functions need for handle blog, etc.
Thanks for help but it's not enough yet. I mean, need anyone who explain the work of WL Writer's API.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB