Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Before I change my session library ...

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
... could anyone give me a hint whether I can expect that by experimenting with different session libraries the main issue I have with my current CI project could actually become solved?

This issue is: OFTEN but not ALWAYS I have to login TWICE before the login is finally accepted! But this merely happens with Firefox Browsers ... !

When using the simple auth system of CI this ALWAYS happened - now that I changed to DX auth, its no longer ALWAYS but still OFTEN, so I guess its not mainly depending on the auth code, but comes down to the main session handling of CI.

Almost every day nowadays I log in to at least one, sometimes many services on the Internet - from Amazon to ebay to Banking etc. etc. I NEVER get this 'have to login TWICE' issue there!

So can anyone answer this question: what is it that makes CI's auth/session handling this permanent pain? Why can't the CI developers get this thing finally right, once and for all time? What is it the Amazon-developers know, the CI developers don't? :-)

Q.

[eluser]Jamie Rumbelow[/eluser]
Hi questo,

It might be because you're swapping between having www. in your domain or not - remember, this will affect the cookies, and thus CI's session class. The developers have done an awesome job with CI's Session library; you're probably just not using it correctly!

Jamie

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB