Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
autoACL Easy2Use Access Control Library++ With Very Private Page (VPP) Control

[eluser]BayssMekanique[/eluser]
I don't think is the tool set you are looking for. Take a look at Ion_Auth. It's pretty easy to get working (but note there are some issues if you are using the nitely build), and it uses the database to store users and groups. From there, it's pretty simple to implement access control.

[eluser]robertgomes[/eluser]
[quote author="BayssMekanique" date="1364925137"]I don't think is the tool set you are looking for. Take a look at Ion_Auth. It's pretty easy to get working (but note there are some issues if you are using the nitely build), and it uses the database to store users and groups. From there, it's pretty simple to implement access control.[/quote]
I had a look at ion auth before, but my problem is, as far as I understand I need to manually check access control per function in ion auth like this
Code:
//get $groups from database
function events_list()
{
   if (!$this->ion_auth->FALSE)
   {
     redirect(base_url() . ‘auth/login.html’, ‘refresh’);
   }
   else
   {
     //user is permitted to see the page
   }
}
but with autoacl this check is done automatically, and I already have a lot of functions ready and refactoring them will be a nightmare.

The real problem for me is in this project the groups are dynamic and each group may have access to some controller/functions and not to others. So i have a tables like roles, page, role_page, where role_page contains which role has access to which page.

And thank you very much fro replying.

[eluser]BayssMekanique[/eluser]
That makes sense. I've never been 100% happy with Ion Auth, since it does some things very odd. Please let me know if you find a better alternative.

[eluser]robertgomes[/eluser]
I slapped together somewhat of a solution that is fit for my project(it is a school project so security was never a concern) by writing a simple library.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Very helpful post! Thanks!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB