Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
can i use HTML Form Generation Methods outside DMZ?

[eluser]b42me[/eluser]
Hi,
i have a point, that can i use HTML Form Generation Methods in my current site i am not using any library in my CI site but as i read that HTML Form Generation Methods is used with DataMapper, so my question is that how can some one use this without using DataMapper?
Thanks

[eluser]bEz[/eluser]
Where have you seen that DMZ uses this "library" ????
AFAIK, DMZ uses an "extension" method known as htmlform

Visit the Ignited Code forum, you will find that these are separate libraries.

[eluser]BrianDHall[/eluser]
The HTMLForm extension requires some degree of use of DMZ. To get the minimal use of it you'll need to create a DMZ model to cover the database table you want to use for form generation, but you won't have all the zing of HTMLForm because it can handle relationship fields as well which can only be handled if you have other models defined for datamapper to use.

The power of HTMLForm extension is only permissible because of DMZ - there is a lot a form generator can do when it knows all the things about your database and model that ORM grants. Without that integration, the extension is rendered largely worthless.

You don't have to do everything the DMZ way, or even use many of its features, but you can't just use the extension without doing anything else, any more than you can take the tires off someone else's car and expect to ride them home.

[eluser]b42me[/eluser]
[quote author="bEz" date="1257468928"]Where have you seen that DMZ uses this "library" ????
AFAIK, DMZ uses an "extension" method known as htmlform

Visit the Ignited Code forum, you will find that these are separate libraries.[/quote]

I have seen it on http://www.overzealous.com/dmz/pages/exa...lform.html and i was thinking that is it possible to Use this without implementing whole DMZ techniques?

[eluser]bEz[/eluser]
@b42me
I apologize for not providing the link to a library that you can you outside of DMZ: Form Generation Library.
My attempt was to make it clear that DMZ uses an 'extension' for providing limited html form handling/creation methods (using its magic to tie in the database table/relations for the model).

[eluser]rum1man001[/eluser]
Would u plz tell me how can I repopulate forms if I am using extension method of DMZ. Is there any set_value kinda function like form helper?

In anticipation of your helpful reply

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB