Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to integrate mailing system using codeigniter

[eluser]babai[/eluser]
I have a site softgen.co.in. So I want to integrate mailing system into my site. First member will register into my site by a unique username. Automatically will create a email id(Ex. [email protected]). After login into the system he can see any mail from other user and can reply the message. Also user can compose new message. just example of gmail, yahoo mail, etc. For this what I need? I want just simply mailing system. So please help me how will do this?

[eluser]BrianDHall[/eluser]
I strongly recommend you take a look at open-source PHP mail handling applications such as SquirrelMail. They are complex, non-trivial applications that took years to build and mature. It is vastly easier to create a "private message" system as you don't have to interact with special protocols.

If you really want to use php to access email anyhow, Google for "php pop3", "php imap", etc. You will need to use these protcols to access email servers to check, receive, send, delete, etc.

There is no simple built-it-yourself email system, so if you just are looking for a fun easy project, this isn't really the way to go. If you just want users to send messages to each other I highly recommend instead using your own Private Message system and then just use mail() to email a copy to people to let them know they have a PM.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB