Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Integrate phpBB in my app

[eluser]aryan_[/eluser]
I have made an application using CI, and want to integrate phpBB into it. This app already has a table 'users'.

I need your help to integrate phpBB. I also want to wrap phpBB design with my template(I have template.php file, and calling views inside it).

Please help.

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
Did all 21 of the previous threads with 'phpbb' in the topic fail to provide any insight?

[eluser]aryan_[/eluser]
[quote author="jedd" date="1257617364"]Did all 21 of the previous threads with 'phpbb' in the topic fail to provide any insight?[/quote]

I didn't try that, since I'm not sure how to do? How should I use my existing user table for both my app and phpBB, where should I put phpBB folder, and how to apply a template to phpBB?

I'm a newbie.

[eluser]Isern Palaus[/eluser]
First thing... the easy way to integrate phpBB and CI is to use the phpBB users db instead of your own database. Think about that because if your users table and phpBB are different then you've to MODIFY the entry phpBB.

Regards,
Isern

[eluser]aryan_[/eluser]
[quote author="Isern Palaus" date="1257641652"]First thing... the easy way to integrate phpBB and CI is to use the phpBB users db instead of your own database. Think about that because if your users table and phpBB are different then you've to MODIFY the entry phpBB.

Regards,
Isern[/quote]

Since my app is almost done with this table, I'll have to modify entire app to use phpBB. What about merging both users table? Here is my user table structure-
Quote:id int(11)
name varchar(64)
password varchar(256)
email varchar(64)
birthday int(11)
country varchar(32)
ip varchar(32)
referrer int(11)
htreferrer varchar(256)
joindate int(11)
key varchar(256)
status int(11)