Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
MY_Model Base CRUD Model

[eluser]Jamie Rumbelow[/eluser]
It was a bug... but a while ago. Take a look at the source, it should be protected $_table.

Jamie

[eluser]Mafagafo[/eluser]
I'm trying to use the version 1.1.1, but i'm having some dificulties:

- how I can retrieve just 2 columns using MY_Model?
For example, a table with 15 fields but I want to retrieve only 2 fields: name and date. How i can retrieve just these 2 fields? How i can format the date field with the format "%Y-%m-%d %H:%i:%s"?

-Can I use more than 1 argument to create a WHERE condition when I use methods like "get_by()" or "get_many_by()"?

This is a great tool. Congratulations. And sorry about my english.

Hi Mafagafo,

You'll need to create your own methods to do complex things like this. You can filter out this stuff by calling ActiveRecord methods on CodeIgniter's database class:

Code:
$this->db->select('username, email');
$this->users->get_by('id', 1);

Jamie

[eluser]Buso[/eluser]
Hi, I need some advice on how to organize my models when using base models like the one you created.

Suppose I want to have a reusable cms/blog (something that allows me to create articles, comments, categories, links, tags, etc etc)

Would you create one model for each? Example: Article_m, Comment_m, Category_m, so you can have the table name auto-fetched most of the times?

Or one big model that handles everything?

If each Article has many Comments.. Which model should handle the articles_comments table? (supposing I want to have this sepparate table. Or just imagine any many-to-many situation)

Thanks in advance!

This is more of a generic MVC question, and always the former! Keep things as separated as possible. When dealing with relationships, try to have a "parent" and "child" (in your case, parent is Article), and have the parent handle the relationships.

Hope this helps,

Jamie

[eluser]Buso[/eluser]
It's just that I never see things like subdirectories inside /models. All the libraries I have seen, they always come with 1 big library, and 1 big model.

Well thanks for your answer, I guess I have to try this method (separate everything) and see what happens.

[eluser]liri[/eluser]
It seems that there's also another good MY_Model option developed by
which is available to reiview at: http://github.com/croxton/MY_Model

Just wondering why not merge the good of both worlds? Croxton's got good support
for more complex operations like joins.

Regards,
Liran.

[eluser]MT206[/eluser]
[quote author="rkjaer" date="1267910407"]Anyone managed to make this support multiple databases? I need this solution for my current project, but had no luck yet. Unfortunately the author Jamie does not have time for this suggested feature Sad[/quote]

I'm not sure if you are still looking for an answer but you might want to take a look at this link. He has implemented a My_Model where you can use multiple databases. The link is:

http://www.lukemacneil.com/code/my-codei...crud-model

[eluser]Keylocker[/eluser]
I am having HUGE problems with memory when I try to use the functions get_many, get_many_by and get_all

here's my controller code
Code:
// List all addresses of a given user
public function index( $user_id = NULL )
{
  $this->load->model('addresses_model', 'addresses');
  $addr = $this->addresses->get_many_by( array('user_id' => $user_id) );

print_r($addr); //debug
}

in the model
Code:
class Addresses_model extends MY_Model {

public function __construct()
{
  // Load base construct
  parent::__construct();
}
}

The error i get is
Code:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 40 bytes) in
/application/models/addresses_model.php on line 20

For the record. I tried with $this->db->get() and everything works perfectly. The problem appears just using MY_Model.php
What can I do? Please help.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB