Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
dx_auth and autologin

[eluser]tim1965[/eluser]
Hi

The other problem i have been struggling with today is getting the remember me function to work in dx_auth.
This is the problem.
When you set remember me on the login form, the default complex controller supplied with dx does two things, it drops a cookie locally, and then writes an entry to table user_autologin.
However when you logout the default controller in DX_Auth calls function logout which then call function _delete_autologin which deletes both the cookie and table entry. So my understanding is that the default controller was a bare bones working example which could then be extended depending on need.
So first question is, is my understanding correct i.e. is the controller supposed to delete the above.
If stop the function from deleting the cookie and table entry then i can auto login, but get bounced to an already logged in screen..

I apologise if i am being stupid here but i have always assumed the complex controlled was a good working example albeit without permissions or roles defined, but it looks like there are errors in it.
So my second question is what have other people done. Thanks in advance.

[eluser]tim1965[/eluser]
Just bumping my post to see if anybody can help today. Thnx

[eluser]tim1965[/eluser]
And another bump.

I cannot believe that my question is so difficult to answer on such a widely used plugin as DX_Auth.
This is the (hopefully) last remaining development issue i have before i go into testing on my first website (1.5 years to build). I would dearly love to get this out the way.
Dig deeep people and donate whatever you can !!
Thanks in advance.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB