Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Blank page after autoloading database

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I am new to CI. I started the configuration today, The system is working fine until I made the following change in autoload.php. After this only a blank screen loads.

$autoload['libraries'] = array('database');

any idea on where I am going wrong?

[eluser]Vi.[/eluser]
Any other changes in controllers?

[eluser]sl3dg3hamm3r[/eluser]
Did you create a database and configured the credentials correclty in application/config/database.php?
Check also once system/logs.

[eluser]Sander Versluys[/eluser]
I'm having to same problem, very strange. When autoloading 'any' classes, i just get a blank screen. My log level is set the highest possible but nothing unusual seems to appear in the logs...

Any suggestions?

[eluser]Vi.[/eluser]
What is your PHP and CI version?

[eluser]Sander Versluys[/eluser]
First problem had todo with my fresh install of xampp which comes with PHP 5.3. This caused set_date_timezone errors because php from now on requires you to explicitly set the timezone. So i included this after the error_reporting line in the index.php file.

Second xampp doesn't enable mysqli by default and/or was not able to get the right setting out of the box. After trying some tweaking of the php.ini files I uninstalling xampp and went back to an older version, on which CI runs fine now. I initially lost to much time to really dig into it...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB