Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Licencing question

[eluser]bfj[/eluser]
Hello!

I didn't quite understand the 5th condition of the licence:
Quote:Products derived from the Software must include an acknowledgment that they are derived from CodeIgniter in their documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

I doubt, that there will be any documentation provided for the project I am working on, as I am the only programmer in this project (advertising and marketing would be done by others), so in my opinion there is no need for documentation. Is it enough to include the CI licence agreement with the distribution?

Also i'm wondering, if it's mandatory to reference CI on a site i've developed with it.

Thank you in advance!

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
At minimum, make sure there's a README file or something. I'm sure with any commercial software product there will be at LEAST this included. You can add in the note about being derived from CI in there.

And no, you do not need to acknowledge that a site is build on CI on the site itself.

[eluser]bfj[/eluser]
[quote author="Aken" date="1258107703"]At minimum, make sure there's a README file or something. I'm sure with any commercial software product there will be at LEAST this included. You can add in the note about being derived from CI in there.

And no, you do not need to acknowledge that a site is build on CI on the site itself.[/quote]

Thank you for the answer. It's much more clear for me now.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB