Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
New YouTube-like Site

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Howdy guys,

Recently finished the majority of the coding for a "currently very ugly" but very cool youtube type site. I was hoping a few people here would be so kind as to take a look round and tell me all the many many things that are wrong with it.

link removed, you never saw this link, no link existed!

I have been testing it myself but I cant test as many OS's/Browsers as I would like to. Running through a 50 stage testing plan once is boring enough, without doing it on each OS/Browser!

Hope you like it.

Note: When it shows other videos before and after, thats actually a feature not a random bug. When you want to watch a certain video it will play one before and after which is picked by the admin, this will be a "Presented By" type video or adverts.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi thepyromaniac, this site looks good.
I like it.. i will definitely give it a try. Well done.

Well it doesnt "Look" good and you know it, the design is terrible but done by me so no shock there ^_^

[eluser]batteries[/eluser]
how come you made it to not show videos, photos or profiles unless logged in? why would i register if i didn't know beforehand what service and features you offer?

If you don't think you're going to be able to much improve the design on your own i hope you plan on hiring someone! Smile

also, incase you're not aware, when submitting using the 'forgot password' form, it shows an error.

good luck with your site..

Glad you spotted that before the client did. Fixed!

The idea behind forced logins is that people can see the portal and the browse pages (categories, newest, top, etc) so you get the thumbnails but not the content.

Anyway, the site isnt for me, its for a client. He will be hiring a designer as soon as im done fixing all these damn unrepeateable bugs that are getting reported to me. >.<

Can ANYONE find a problem with the "Submit a Video" filechucker upload? Works for everyone except my client, which is clearly problematic.

[eluser]Jamongkad[/eluser]
Nice is this loaded on a dedicated server? or VPS?

[eluser]gunter[/eluser]
Hi Pyro!

The picture thumbnails are looking ugly,
Are you using the CI image manipulation class? looks like the standard setting...
Did you set the jpg quality to 90%??

[eluser]Peter Goodman[/eluser]
Sorry, but the fact that I needed to log in to see a video of your foot turned me off instantly.

[quote author="Peter Goodman" date="1186619607"]Sorry, but the fact that I needed to log in to see a video of your foot turned me off instantly.[/quote]

Dude its an awesome video!! Did you see "My Foot #2", it does a dance!

Gotta do what the client wants, but I do of course have an "off" switch in config. You really should check out that video... :p

[eluser]faceh[/eluser]
How did you go about uploading your videos?

I need to implement something in PHP where my clients can upload movies in any format (within reason) and it is converted to a flash video to be displayed in a player on a website.

1) how can I do this conversion with PHP
2) any suggestions for open source flash players?

Thanks in advance

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB