Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Record List

[eluser]tatewaky[/eluser]
Regards,

I'm trying to create a <table> that is going to be populate with information from the database, when i was working with no MVC patron i use to do it this way:

Code:
<table>
&lt;?
while($row=mysql_fetch_row($result)){?&gt;
line
line
line
&lt;?}?&gt;
</table>

now i would like what is the best way to do this but using CI.

I appreciate your quick answers

[eluser]Cro_Crx[/eluser]
you'll need to separate your query "while($row=mysql_fetch_row($result)){?&gt;" into a controller or if your utilising them, a model. Then the table will need to go into a separate view.

You'll more than likely benefit from watching the introductory video and reading the views/models/controllers section of the user manual.

Let us know if you need some hints or get stuck and I can help you out further.

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
[quote author="tatewaky" date="1258498384"]
[/quote]

Hopefully you're as appreciative of the [url="/wiki/Category:Help::Tutorials"]dozens of tutorials[/url] that cover this ground.

(Was I quick enough?)

[eluser]tatewaky[/eluser]
[quote author="jedd" date="1258499139"][quote author="tatewaky" date="1258498384"]
[/quote]

Hopefully you're as appreciative of the [url="/wiki/Category:Help::Tutorials"]dozens of tutorials[/url] that cover this ground.

(Was I quick enough?)[/quote]

Hi guys,

Let me try to tell you how a forum works, someone go trough all the tutorials and wiki, and if this person doesnt find any answer made a post, waiting FOR HELP, your comment do not help anybody, even when you think that you help, the only think that you do is put a link to all the tutorials where are not specific information to solve the problem, my comment here would be, if you dont have any help, dont waste your time posting anything, that way people that have my same issue wont need to go trough all your NOT helping posts, thanks for nothing.

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
[quote author="tatewaky" date="1258499576"]
Let me try to tell you how a forum works ..
[/quote]

I can't but help feel that we're in for a treat here! Smile

Quote: ... someone go trough all the tutorials and wiki,

The bizarre thing is that your question is basically answered by the user guide - specifically the [url="/user_guide/libraries/table.html"]HTML Table Class[/url], which does exactly what you want to do.

This is covered in many of the very basic tutorials, because it's such a painfully common and simple thing to do - take data from a database and display it in a tabulated format.

QED I am unconvinced that you went through 'all the tutorials'.

Quote:... where are not specific information to solve the problem,

I suspect we disagree on the true nature of your problem. You probably believe your problem is that you don't know how to make a table from a set of data.

Quote:... dont waste your time posting anything, that way people that have my same issue wont need to go trough all your NOT helping posts, thanks for nothing.

... whereas I think it's way more problematic to have the forums overflowing with questions that have been answered dozens of times before, in tutorials, forum threads, the wiki, and the user guide. Your concern for me wasting my time is therefore very touching, but perhaps a tad misplaced.

Perhaps we'll just have to agree that you're wrong.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB