Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Can anybody tell the loading structure of CI ?

[eluser]saidai jagan[/eluser]
Hai friends, I wan to know how the CI loading structure.
For ex if the URL is www.example.com/home what are the operations (what are the class,library) done before the page renders.
Thanks.

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
Hello friend.

Read the source.

I already saw the application flow chart.Smile Can u pls tell which are the files (base class files which loads the controller).

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
jedd wasn't being a dick, reading the source is the only way to understand this well. Look in /system/codeigniter/CodeIgniter.php and you will see the order files are loaded.

Open each one in order and you will soon have it worked out.

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1258583187"]
jedd wasn't being a dick ...
[/quote]

I feel vindicated! I'm so tempted to put this quotation into my signature now, though. Wink

I reason that knowing this level of detail is something most users won't/don't need to know. There's definitely a correlation between needing to get under the hood, and having the aptitude to understand what you're looking at when you get there. In other words, if you have to ask how someone else how a bit of software that you have the full and documented source code to actually works - you probably won't understand the answer.

Thanx guyz. exspecially jedd Wink

[eluser]BrianDHall[/eluser]
For extra fun, having a debugger functioning makes it extra easy to see how CI works. I use Netbeans/Xdebug (plenty of threads around on the forum on how to get it working, pretty easy). Then you can just set a breakpoint in index.php in the main directory and watch it run, line by line. Investigating hooks also helps in understanding what is happening when, as there are hooks for various key times in the framework loading process.

[eluser]tomcode[/eluser]
You can use the PHP function get_included_files()

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
http://www.derekallard.com/img/post_reso...gniter.gif

Enjoy.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB