Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
which is the best CI_authentication module ?

[eluser]Pokhara[/eluser]
Can anyone suggest me which is the best CI authentication module for user management ?

[eluser]umefarooq[/eluser]
try DX_Auth it really nice

[eluser]hugle[/eluser]
[quote author="Pokhara" date="1258632674"]Can anyone suggest me which is the best CI authentication module for user management ?[/quote]

I also used DX_auth earlier, but since it stopped in development, I started with Tank_auth,
it's based on DX_auth

[eluser]JamieBarton[/eluser]
I'd really recommend Tank Auth, I downloaded it last night and tried it out. I am in love with it. It is the best I've used to integrate and doesn't come fully featured with things you'll never use.

Do a search for it and you'll be impressed.

[eluser]Mark Croxton[/eluser]
There was an interesting discussion about this on Stack Overflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34698...ry-is-best

Tank Auth was written in response to Jens Roland's post and pretty much implements his best practice recommendations.

It's bare bones compared to DX Auth (no profile management, no roles, no access permissions) but you can add these yourself and tailor them to your application's specific requirements. This is a good thing IMHO.

[eluser]NMTeck[/eluser]
SimpleLogin is also good. I use it in my CI CMS that I use to build sites. You can google and find the latest version of it.

[eluser]umefarooq[/eluser]
Hi i checked the Tank Auth that is also fine but one thing role is missing in that for example you are making multi user and cms site with Tank Auth how you will differ in between users who is normal user and who is admin of the site after that permission is one more feature is missing in that i haven't tried permission in DX_auth but if you want to use that good option, as Tank Auth base on DX_Auth its not a big deal to put these good features in that. i hope developer of Tank Auth will work on it to integrate these two good features in their on and good way.

[eluser]ardinotow[/eluser]
After I tried several popular auth system like: DX_auth and freakauth, I found that those are for advanced user not for me who need simple, secure, stable, and easy to implemented in real site.
Now, I've used Tank Auth that simply have all I need. It's simple, little configuration, secure, and also the script is very easy to understand. If you need role management, you could try another simple yet effective ACL (access control library), such as: MX_Acl or Ar_acl.
Good luck with your choice ;-)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB